This October 11th, Innovation Forum Barcelona will present Barcelona Demo Day, the event organized year by year to present the startups of IMAGINE IF! 2017, the Accelerator for Science Ventures.
Ten projects related to health science and innovation will be competing for a place in the Global Final in Oxford this December 2017. Barcelona’s IMAGINE IF! winner join the global network of innovators across 16 branches, competing for the non-dilutive global award.
Bring your free tickets here.
The Barcelona Demo Day will also include a special Keynote talk related to the science ventures ecosystem by Carlos Grau: “Corporate Venturing: key driver for innovation”.
Innovation Forum Barcelona invites you to the IMAGINE IF! Science Ventures Accelerator local final. Come and learn about the coolest projects that keep our entrepreneurs busy. It will also be an excellent opportunity to learn more about Innovation Forum and to network with our world-class mentors.
The startups of this IMAGINE IF! edition will be pitching are:
- Avida Biotech Affordable innovative drugs for people living at the bottom of the pyramid. With focus on treatment and prevention of neglected and emerging diseases, such as Dengue and Zika. There are currently no treatments for these diseases and their impact is increasing due to many factors, including climate change.
- IOMED has developed the first Electronical Health Record (EHR) software capable of understanding, extracting and structuring the clinical data introduced by the doctor in the medical record.
- Nanoboost It’s mission is to engineer a novel oral pharmaceutical form that will allow personalizing drug delivery to each patient’s needs. This will enable patients to take their medication at a single hour in the day, as their daily posology will be integrated in this single oral pharmaceutical form, according to the doctor’s prescription.
- MJN Neuroservices is a project for a complete real-time monitoring system for epileptic people, consisting of a personal device for data collection and an external system for helping the person, keeping records, reporting and detecting possible emergencies. The main goal is the ability to generate an early warning of the seizure.
- BioEclosion The aim of BioEclosion is to contribute in the development of the next generation of rapid diagnostic test (RDTs) for low-resource settings to solve societal challenges, including diseases affecting global health. BioEclosion explore three key cross-cutting technological challenges that have been identified as bottlenecks in RDTs.
- CreatSens is a novel paper-based sensor platform for healthcare that aims to improve the well-being of people by allowing the monitoring of relevant biochemical parameters of blood (such as creatinine and potassium)
out of the lab.
- SmartMonkey Data cleaner from companies in order to extract patterns and useful information that can improve operations.
- Nanoligent The Nanotechnology Group of the Universitat Autònoma
de Barcelona (UAB) has developed a patent protected new drug with extremely
successful results in preclinical studies treating metastatic cancer. This
technology has been licensed to Nanoligent for development. Nanoligent plans to conduct preclinical and clinical trials of our new anti-metastatic cancer. This
technology has been licensed to Nanoligent for development.
- Sense4Care Based on all the developed knowledge and know-how along more than 9 years of activity in Parkinson Desease related projects. A set of real-time processing algorithms embedded in an under industrial development process device (pending of medical device certification), is the real set of the IP of the company.
- Zymvol Biomodeling: Currently enzymes are developed in laboratories in a costly process that normally takes over a year and is based on trial and error. Zymvol’s disruptive technology replaces thousands of experiments with fast, accurate, and efficient computer simulations. We are able to design a new enzyme in less than one month, allowing our customers to save up to 70% of its resources, time and money.
Judges Iolanda Marchueta of Astrazeneca Álex Casta of Caixa Capital Risk. Karolina Koth of Roche.
Barcelona Demo Day 2017 – General Programme
17: 30 – 17:45 Registration.
17:45 – 18:15 Innovation Forum Welcome.
18:15 – 18:45 Keynote Speaker: Carlos Grau “Corporate Venturing: key driver for innovation”
18:45 – 20:00 Startup Pitches Competition
20:00 – 20:10 Jury Deliberation.
20:10 – 20:20 Winner Announcement.
20:20 – 21:00 Networking.
Innovation Forum is a global network of over 10,000 innovators that builds bridges between industry, academia and government. We break down barrier’s that slow the progress of technology commercialisation, and push on the leading edge of new tech opportunities globally.
Our accelerator is built by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs! We support early stage science-based ventures, providing successful applicants the option for mentorship, access to non-dilutive capital, free laboratory space, free advice from leading professional services companies and extensive networking across the Innovation Forum platform.
Venue: Mobile World Center, Pl. Catalunya, Carrer de Fontanella 2, 08002 Barcelona-
Time: 17:45 – 21:00
Come and support your favorite team!. Bring your tickets here!